Actuary Student Intern – Amica
50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking an intern for our Actuarial Department. This is a paid internship and the working hours are 37.5 hours per week during the summer months. Our internship is designed for individuals who have completed at least their freshman year from an accredited college/university and will be continuing their undergraduate studies in the Fall.
Amica has created an internship program that is an excellent way for students to receive hands-on experience.
- Collecting and analyzing data to be used in company reports
- Preparing and verifying factors and data utilized in rate analyses
- Assist in the development and review of actuarial procedures
- Analyzing data and discussing findings with supervisors
- Currently enrolled in a BS degree program in in Mathematics, Finance, Economics or a Business major that is related to a business role at Amica
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SQL
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
No phone calls please. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.
About Amica Mutual Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles.