Protection of Personal Information
From time to time, we may amend this Policy without notice. The Policy is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the bottom of this page. We will treat Personal Information in a manner consistent with the Policy under which it was collected unless we have your consent to treat it differently. This Policy applies to any information we collect or receive about you, from any source.
- ActuaryInternships.com identifies the purposes for which it collects personal information from and about you before it is collected. We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. Some of the primary purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information include: to provide services to you in your capacity as a member of the organization to post information on a listserve or blog to complete a transaction with you when you purchase a membership, product or service from us to advise you of the ActuaryInternships.com products or services that may be of interest to you to complete a survey, where the use of the data collected in the survey will be disclosed in the survey itself to send you electronic newsletters that may be of interest to you or to which you have subscribed, and to better understand which articles are of interest to you, to respond to inquiries you submit we may require you to provide personal information to enable us to answer your question We may also use your Personal Information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- ActuaryInternships.com obtains consent before collecting personal information from you. We explain options and obtain your implicit or explicit consent at the time of or prior to collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information. We will always collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you complete an application form or purchase a product or service from us). We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as other institutions and organizations. We also collect your Personal Information where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted or required by law. Where is it reasonable to do so or permitted by law, we may rely on implied consent. For example, when sending e-mail messages of a commercial nature, reliance on implied consent is permitted by our members or those who have recently purchased a product or services from us. Except as required to process a transaction or to maintain member records, providing us with your personal information is voluntary. You may withdraw or modify your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice is given to us. If you withdraw your consent, you may not be made aware of certain products, publications, services or events being offered by us. Personal Information is any information that is identifiable to you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your mailing address, phone numbers and email address. Personal Information, however, generally does not include your name, business title and business address or business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
- ActuaryInternships.com discloses personal information only for purposes for which it has consent, or as permitted or required by law. ActuaryInternships.com retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil those purposes. We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time of or prior to collecting such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information: in the case of members for the purposes of providing services to members; to our volunteers, for the purposes of the volunteers performing volunteer functions to third party service providers, for the purpose of providing member benefits or facilitating commercial transactions with us; to such persons and for such purposes for which you provide your consent; and as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and as permitted or required by law.
- ActuaryInternships.com endeavors to keep accurate, complete, and up-to-date, personal information in its possession or control, to the extent required to meet the purposes for which it was collected. We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-todate as possible based on information provided to us by your member organization. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, if applicable.
- ActuaryInternships.com is open about the procedures it uses to manage personal information. Up-to-date information on the ActuaryInternships.com’s privacy policies can be obtained from the ActuaryInternships.com’s Privacy Officer.
- ActuaryInternships.com responds on a timely basis to requests about the personal information which the ActuaryInternships.com possesses or controls. We will generally make available to you any Personal Information that we have collected about you, utilized or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent permitted or required by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes. You can at any time, challenge the accuracy or completeness of the Personal Information we have which is related to you. Once we have validated your identity, we will amend the Personal Information as required. We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit. We will not assess any costs to you for access to your Personal Information or to our Privacy Policies or Practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any. We will inform you of the relevant procedures when you make an inquiry or lodge a challenge or complaint. We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such information shall be used only for this purpose.
Attention: [email protected]
4391 Harvester Road, Unit 5A
Burlington, ON L7L 4X1
POLICY LAST UPDATED May 28th, 2019